Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Welcome June Calder!

We welcomed June Josephine Calder into our home on October 7th (she surprised us by coming 2 weeks early).  I was actually out of town for business when my water broke--luckily my husband had been invited to part of the trip so he was there too. We were only an hour or so away from home, but it made things exciting!


I've been updating our blog with the story of labor/delivery and the first days of her life.

We are still living in Geneva, Switzerland and loving it. I was working for a medical device company (TriVascular) providing training to physicians and employees for our AAA endovascular stent graft. I miss nursing, but this job just fell into my lap and has been an amazing international medical/business opportunity. 

For now, I'm a mom. Swiss government mandates 14 weeks of maternity leave (awesome!). After that's over I'll probably work a few hours per week from home.

Hope you are all well!
Allison (Curt & June)